There are a few different ways to send mass emails in Gmail, but its not usually recommended. The servers won't be able to take it and usually, it will result in your emails not getting through. Remember you cannot send more than 499 emails in Gmail per day with emails.
However, if you want to do it I have made a brief overview of how to do it.
How to use Gmail to send mass emails
1. Open up a: docs.google.com
2. Open a google spreadsheet
3. Click on addons and then get add ons
4. In the search bar search for yet another mail merge
5. Back on the spreadsheet select addons, yet another mailmerge and start mail merge
6. Import your contacts manually or through Gmail
7. Fill out the sender's name and select the exact email
8. Press on Send X emails
Problems with Gmail for mass email marketing
There are a ton of problems with doing this, and im going to list a few small ones
- You cannot send more than 499 emails per day
- You are breaking gmails sender guidelines
- You cannot really design your emails well
- You cannot track or get any good analytics on your campaign like you can with a good email marketing service
Get yourself a better email marketing service - MOOSEND (FREE TRAIL ACCOUNT LINK)
There are a ton of them around, most of which are complex and difficult to use. For me, it was always the simpler the better. Currently I use MOOSEND. But there are a ton of them around. MOOSEND provides great analytics, has large deliverability rates for your emails and high click rates. It's easy to use has a ton of free templates to choose from.
Let me know your thoughts!