When it comes to email marketing there are a lot of things that can help us create more engagement and user retention. Something that may be even worse is when our emails go into the spam folders after continually emailing with your audience. There are a few things we can try to do to prevent this from happening which we will explain below.
Below we have tried to explain a few problems with email marketing and how to solve them:
Problem 1: Some of my emails are going into the spam folders
This is a problem. You spend a lot of time working on an email marketing campaign all to find out it has gone to the spam folder. IN today's words, the likes of gmail, yahoo, outlook constantly work to create more spam folders in order to help you keep your inbox clean. There are a couple of things you can try to do in order to avoid ending up in the spam folder
1.Send a double opt in or a welcome email
This will help users to get verified. If the first of many emails goes straight to the spam folders there are a couple of things you can try to do. Contact them to ensure that the email does not go to the spam folder ensuring they mark it as “not spam. This will tell the ISP that the email should go to the main inbox going forward. The alternative to that is to request your audience to add you to the safe email list
2. Get a verified domain
This may sound simple but if you buy your email domain and you own it will be easier for email marketing. It's essential if you own the domain and will improve your likelihood of not ending up in the spam folder.
Problem 2: No one is clicking the email links in my newsletters
2 metrics that are used in email marketing are the open and the click rates. If people are not clicking even if they are opening the email it's definitely going to have an impact on your business. Here are some solutions to this:
Personalise your newsletters and emails
It may sound simple enough but you will be surprised how little it gets done! This can be as simple as to market to a specific segmented audience. A good way to find out what your audience wants is to ask them directly and then tailor the email list accordingly! Pictures and plenty of links work too!
2) Optimizing the calls to action on the emails
Putting the links in the email at the right point is essential to getting people to click on them. Even making them shorter may lead to higher click rates!
Problem 4 My emailing list is not growing
The quicker you can grow your list the quicker the more conversions you will get. A solid mailing list that keeps growing is not easy but we have some good tips.
1) Use better sign up forms
Use better sign up forms that will keep new users to sign up. There is a whole psychology behind this. Ask us for examples!
2) Don't just use email marketing to promote your newsletters
Don't just use email marketing to promote your newsletters. There are plenty of other channels to get people to read it!
EDITORS CHOICE for your email marketing:
1. Mailerlite: A great all in one platform which we definitely recommended. Mailerlite is the easiest way to send awesome content directly to your audience's inboxes. With Mailerlite, you can create, post and track your email marketing campaigns. You can also collect subscribers and access our powerful features, including automation and analytics. It's an advertising platform built around email marketing, so you'll always receive high open rates and conversions!
2. Active Campaign: A great all round tool for anyone to get started with email marketing. Its easy to use, well priced and you are able to do various automations if you need them.
3. Covertkit: A great and easy to use platform. Initially meant for creators but essentially able to do everything. So whether your creating a newsletter or doing something else its definitely worth taking a look at!